Keeping Your Greenville, NC Business Clean
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to develop new strategies and update preventative guidelines in an effort to keep people safe and informed. To help extend some of this information and keep our Eastern NC brothers and sisters aware of our services, here are some updates.
Illness from COVID-19 is quite diverse, from mild to severe symptoms that can potentially even include death. According to the CDC, symptoms may appear two days to two weeks after exposure:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Many of these symptoms can be related to other conditions and illnesses, so It is very important to consult your medical provider if you develop any severe or concerning symptoms to determine what they are being caused by.
Expert Level Cleaning Services
The SERVPRO franchise professionals here at SERVPRO of Pitt/Greene are uniquely prepared and equipped during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have decades of experience in dealing with biological contaminants and other, similar pathogens. Our crews go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on their regular cleaning schedule.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. We follow all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Need Specialized Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today: (252)-329-7205
Tips and Best Practices to Minimize Your Risk
As our cities are beginning to reopen in “phases”, it is imperative to maintain vigilant, proactive measures to continue protecting yourself and others. Here are some tips to minimize your risks and exposure:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer of at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol content and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
At The Office
- Don’t shake hands – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Use videoconferencing for meetings when possible
- When video calls aren’t an option, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
- Wear a mask to help protect others
- Maintain social distancing regardless of time and place
Stay Home if...
- You are feeling sick
- You have a sick family member at home